A positive attitude and confidence in your skills are keys to a successful interview. Preparing yourself for the interview day by making arrangements for transportation, daycare, clothes, having pertinent documents ready, and having answers to tough interview questions are all steps in that direction.
Questions to ask yourself:
- How are you getting to your interview? Arrive early.
- If you have children, who will be taking caring of them during your interview?
- What will you wear during the interview?
- Are all your documents ready? (i.e. master job application, resume, references)
- Did you research the company?
- Do you have answers to interview questions? Predict what will be asked of you and have a prepared answer.
- How can I make the best first impression?
- Are you ready to answer questions regarding your legal history?
Practicing your interview skills with a Workforce Development Specialist can also point out strengths and weaknesses of your interview process.
We are here to help you help yourself through the job process.